Coverage Provided withYour Long Haul Trucking Insurance
When you obtain your long haul trucking insurance through GLG Insurance Providers, you have access to the following kinds of coverage for owner-operators:
- Primary liability – protects against loss arising from the legal liability of the insured when property damage and/or bodily injury occurs to another party.
- General liability – offers protection against property damage and/or bodily injury occurring during operations, out of premises, and from advertising.
- Physical damage – provides insurance protection covering damages to or the loss of the vehicle
- Passenger accident – safeguards your assets against the liability arising from the death or dismemberment of one or more guest passengers, including medical expenses related to the accident
- Motor truck cargo – offers coverage that protects against damage to goods in the insured’s possession during the ordinary course of transportation as well as damage due to refrigeration breakdown.
For leased owner-operators:
- Non-trucking liability – covers events during which the truck is operated with no economic intent or carrier control (personal use)
- Physical damage – coverage for the damage or loss of the vehicle
- Passenger accident – offers coverage for accidental dismemberment or death of guest passengers as well as medical expense coverage
- Unladen liability – covers the use of the truck when the trailer is empty or not attached
- Bobtail liability – protects the value of the truck while it is being used without the trailer connected to it, whether or not it is for business use.